HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Peep sight question
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight question

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

I'm kinda in the same situation. Looking at putting on a new bow string and was thinking of going with a tubless peep this time around. Also a little bit nervous about the peep rotating when I draw back...
Whether you get peep rotation or not is solely dependent on the quality of strings you use. If you use run of the mill ones from any shop you're almost guaranteed some rotation. If you get some good aftermarket ones there probably will be very little if any rotation.

You can spend the money and get Winner's Choice. I have, but it's not necessary. There's a guy on this website (Gibblet) that makes Bucknasty strings and they are of the highest quality at nearly half the price of WC's. Do a search for "custom strings" and find others.

Even if you decide to go without a peep it pays to have good strings. Because they are prestretched and served under tension there will be very little creep, therefore your bow will not change tune over time. And there should be no serving separation either.

Ya know, I rather have a $300 bow with good strings than an $800 one with crappy strings.