HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Phish-On!

Default RE: Alaska Thread

SEAK - Doesn' t sound like you' ll have much time left over to fish for Kings in May. But they should be showing in good numbers around then. The catch goes up sharply after the 15th of April. From all these stories I' m reading about your puncture exploits, how do you keep from looking like a pincushion around fish hooks? []

Looks like we' ll miss each other being in Juneau at the same time. Too bad I' m going to be down in Oregon the first two weeks of May attempting to whack a couple of turkey. I' m going to try down there a little later this year - last year I was too early on the east side - there was still too much snow and the gobblers were pretty tight-lipped. I have two possibile locations for hunts down in the SW counties after I spend a little time east of the Mountains. (Private land, no less.)

As soon as I start hearing hooters, I' ll let you know. I' ve never gotten around to setting the 10/22 back up with a scope, but thinking about hooter hunting should give me some incentive. Nothing quite like a grouse stir-fry!