HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broadheads
Thread: broadheads
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 PM
treboryerf
Typical Buck

Default RE: broadheads

ORIGINAL: 358WINMAN

I agree with Dan-MeanV2. Slick Tricks are the best fixed blade out there.
Please do the deer a favor and do not shoot mechanicals unless you follow these tips:
Your bow is set for at least a 65lb draw and you practice alot and can place an arrow perfectly out to 25yds.
These Rage and other mechanicals lose far too many deer due to poor penetration unless there is sufficient kinetic energy to drive the mechanical deep. In my honest opinion, if it were up to me, mechanicals would be outlawed period!
Shoot a fixed blade that has a great reputation. Even if you draw only 50lbs, you'll pass through on most shots.
You and we owe that to these magnificent creatures we love so much. Deer should never be "lost" to the failure of mechanicals![:@]
While I will agree with you thatI think fixed positions blades are better than mechanical bladesI disagree with your attitude about if it was left up to you and making them illlegal, the right to make that choice is what makes this country so great with that kind of attitude maybe we should all have to drive a ford,a white one,or everyone shoot a pse ,or carbon express,get the point?