HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM
fun2hunt
Typical Buck

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

I voted for 9b but now that I think about it a little more I think it should be first bow buck. For example I have not had the season I had planned for. I have only been able to get out once with a bow in Oct. I went out opening weekend with a gun because it was for work and with clients. I plan on going out with a bow again in late Dec to try to get my buck. If this had been the rule and I had shotone during gun I wouldn't be able to add my bow buck to the contest if I get one in a couple of weeks.

Rob I love bow hunting more than gun, but I really think it should be first with a bow. That makes it fair all the way around. This isn't a contest for people who only bowhunt even though manyonly use a bow. A hunter can be an avid bowhunter and love bowhunting more than gun but should still be able to go gun hunting and get a buck if they want to. Many of us do it to just be with family/friends, and in my case clients.