HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)
Old 11-28-2007, 07:36 AM
rybohunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

I’ve had more time to think….

You can’t possibly expect EVERYONE to go bow only for an entire season. This contest would have about 60 people. So what if some states get more than one tag and some one shoots a buck with a gun before they do so with a bow? This is a random contest so the number of tags is in the same situation as having people from big buck states on a team, they all can’t be controlled and become luck of the draw. If this rule gets implemented I feel that it crosses way over the line of a “for fun” contest. Shooting a gun buck, whether you have 10 tags or one should NOT have any bearing on what happens in this contest.

I hope to still take a bow buck this year, but if a big enough one had walked by me Monday, with my revolver in hand. BOOM! Happy Rybohunter with a handgun kill.

Sad to say, but maybe this thing has gotten to big to be fun anymore, I don’t know and I certainly hope not. I know rules are in place to keep things fair & fun, but sometimes they create more problems than they solve, and reduce the fun level significantly. And this one (9b) I certainly think follows the latter case.

And as far as the time frame rule, all it takes is ONE email, PM, phone call, or whatever to buy yourself all the time you need. No big deal. I think once the team captain gets word, he can go in and enter a buck pending score & photos.