HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Change PA Bear Season
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
slimshady123

Default RE: Change PA Bear Season

I find that is hard to do sproul as you say. How many people have ever seen a bear in the woods or any place than a zoo in reallity? I have seen 1 beer while I was in the woods and seen the rest cross in front of me while I been driving. I seen one sow with cubs while spotting. Total of about 6 but only one while in the woods actually. People don't got time to spend 8 +hrs in the woods as many don't live close by for them to do so after work. As for you saying that the sow and cubs shot by the same hunter then call their buddies on the radio to come tag them. I don't think that is a case. They see the cubs tree they might call their buddies to come shoot them,But I don't think they would shoot them their self. I wouldn't want a friend like that to hunt bear with and prob wouldn't hunt with them again nor would I tag the bear he has shot. Many people have mistaken cubs for bigger bears.Then they seen they was cubs,they would walk away and let them lay before the law allowed them to harvest them also. I seen many deer run thru the woods and have thought they was monster bodies and only to shoot them and they was way smaller than what I have seen. When your blood is pumping and you see an animal you arehunting,it is way bigger than what it actually really is.Especially if it is running. Again if you never seen a bear in the wildhow do you expect people to judge the size of it at a distance? How many people seen a 40 to 50lbbobcat and thought it was a 100lb plus mountain lion? I am not picking about the ML sproul,just useing that as my point.