HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finishing off a deer
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
SteveBNy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finishing off a deer

ORIGINAL: milesrhit10

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

If finishing the job bothers you, don't start it. Simple.
this is as far from right as you could be. If you honestly dont mind finishing off an animal that is suffering and it doesnt bother you, then you are the one who shouldnt be starting it my friend. It is a hard thing to do, nearly all of us have or will have to do it someday. If you dont feel bad, i feel bad for you.
I am dead on. Reread my 2nd post.Putting a sufferinganimal down brings me no enjoyment - But I do feel a sense of relief that I was able to end its suffering.
I stand by my statement - if you feel bad having to finishthe job, maybe you need to not start it. When I need to do it, I do feel bad that I did not do a better job with the 1st shot. I then seek to finish the kill as quickly and humanly as possible. I just don't understand how you can feel sorrow on a second finishing shot and not on the 1st. How is it any harder on the 2nd shot? It is simply part of the process sometimes.If killing an animal brings you such sorrow and you continue to do it, then I feel sorry for you. Perhaps you need to find another hobby?

I refuse to participate in optional activities that would bring me sorrow. Hunting is not one of those activities - and killing is part of hunting.

Steve