HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio's gun season and $15 dollar deer!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Ohio's gun season and $15 dollar deer!

ORIGINAL: SuperTiger18
I interpreted it to mean that if I shot a doe with the 'antlered/antlerless' tag I'd only be able to shoot does because the next permits would all be the $15.00 doe only variety.
If you where in Zone 1, the only way you could shoot a buck is if you went to zone 2 or 3. And if in Zone 1you could only shoot one fifteen dollar antlerless deer. Would have to go to zone 2 or 3 to get more.

I spoke with a conservation officer and he said that you could shoot a doe with the first tag and purchase up to two more $24.00 tags (depending on the zone) and shoot ONE buck with either of those tags. If you filled the first (3) $24.00 tags you could than move to the $15.00 doe tags.
You could also only do all this before the start of gun season. That was when the 15 dollar tags where no longer valid state wide and could only be used in the "urban" zones. That was why I made the post was since alot of guys think the tags are good for the entire year. The zones may be confusing, but the part thesaid they are only good until the 25th is pretty plain. Alot of guys are getting fines for the lack of not taking five minuets to read the few pages there is on deer regulations.