HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Updates boys???
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Updates boys???

Mike and I have a trip planned down to Pike Co the first weekend in Jan for some late-late season hunting, and other than that we're going to hit it pretty hard around home and try to put down some more deer. We've got one area that's a consistant late season doe producer so we're going to try and whack a few more out of there - Mike actually took two of them in the same morning this last weekend, unfortunately not on film.

We both have a buck tag in our pocket that we'd like to fill, but it certainly gets tough this time of year and without a great food source to sit over it's even tougher. That's alright though, we'll still be back at it as hard as we can until the bitter end!

Despite the fact that I whacked a nice buck in Oct, it's been a tough year for me. I have not even SEEN a shooter since I got home from that trip. That includes all of my hunting during the rut, in which time I saw a few 1 1/2's and a bunch of does. I know the big dogs are around, I just need to find out where and move in on them.