HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 07 Predator contest submission pics.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Well, I gotta say that I haven't been a bit disappointed with the .204 cal. on coyotes, with an even dozen taken this winter so far with mine. I had shot the first 7 with loads topped with 40 gr. berger match hollow points and this weekend I used loads topped with the 35 gr. berger match hollow points and I had zero exitsincluding 3 bang flops, the other two only made it about 50-75 yards before piling up.

I'm not sold on the moon effecting calling results, yet. My buddy went out calling most of the day Thursday with his dad and cousin and called 7 coyotes and a bobcat. Then we called all day on Friday and called in 7 again. Hunted Sat. morning and only called a single by 11 a.m. before throwing in the towel, and then called 4 in by noon Sunday morning out of7 stands. We thought that Sat. morning was going to be real good because we had fresh snow and a departing storm, but it was the worst of the 4 days.

Mouth calls only. We prefer open reeds.

My pics. usually have some good, some bad, and some ugly...the gun being the good, the dead coyotes being the bad, and yours truely rounding out the 3![8D]