HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to keep out trespassers?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:19 AM
cootershooter

Default How to keep out trespassers?

My grandpa and I have 86 acres of unmanaged, unhunted land, except this year I took a doe. But our neighbors on two sides put their stands within a few yards of our treeline, and my grandpa is strictly against anyone hunting on our land, I think more of his issue is with the trespassing because he busted his ass his whole life to have that sort of thing. But they defy him every year and shoot into our woods and then stroll on in there to get em. We have our land posted about every couple hundred feet and they know damn well what they're doin, I even had a gun pulled on me when i was 12 for trying to get em off. So my question is, what should we do in a situation like this to keep them off our land without putting up a fence, because that defeats the purpose I think. I bowhunt the land but only for 1 doe a year, and won't shoot any bucks under 10, but we want no one else on there. So, any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks a ton guys. Oh, and the forums here are awesome, lots of knowledge. Thanks