HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnes Spit Fire MZ 245 g
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 05:09 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default RE: Barnes Spit Fire MZ 245 g

Well went and shot the spit fires today and got a decent group and then when I was leaving I picked up my hard bound gun case and with out realizing it was not completely closed and my gun when flying out and just had to land scope first on to the only concrete area near me. Of course it had to land there.

Scratched the gun and scope up but worse yet I shot it after that happened and now my POI is high. It didn’t shoot left or right just 4 inches high. So now have to do it all over again.

I don’t think I have ever done something so absentminded when working with fire arms but I guess it was bound to happen.

I was getting nice groups at 50 yards and then moved back to 100 and they opened up but then placed my gun in a led sled with no added weight to help steady and they tightened back up. I guess I am not as steady as I would like which is why I have been practicing so much.

These seem to work in my gun and I didn’t experience the hard push down the boar like other have. Only problem is I like to shoot allot and these are just to expensive to toy with. I still have 6 left so I will go work with them again soon, hope the scope is okay (Nikon Omega)