HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 03:58 PM
juno grl

Default RE: Alaska Thread

ABM--Folks from Juneau do sometimes move to other places in Alaska...of course, they weren' t true Juneauites to begin with. Some of us were even smart enough to get back here asap and kiss the ground (or puddle, as the case may be) after going to college in Fairbanks. Of course, I have heard stories about people so desperate to leave that frozen wasteland that they go to extremes. I mean, like, oh, I don' t know....Vegas, for example.

Phish--I think we' re neighbors....

SEAK--[][][] From the first time I ever heard your One Stitch story months ago, I knew that there was no way you' d let my one stitch stay a secret. I just didn' t know you' d tell on me so soon! But, to answer your question, I didn' t do the salad dance. I did the so-that' s-what-it-looks-like-when-you-hit-an-artery dance. While I was in the hospital getting stitched up, my mom went to my place to pick up some stuff for me, and while she was there, she field dressed the avocado, processed it, and put it in the fridge for me. I did eat my kill the next day. Tasty, it was. In my own defense, though, I have to say that I was actually aiming at the avocado seed, missed, and stabbed my hand. Remind me, what were you aiming at when you shot yourself with the arrow?