HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A quick ?????
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A quick ?????

No it doesn't bother a deer to see/smell a gut pile unless you stink the area up gutting the deer. I don't even buy the predator theroybut then the worst thing here is a coyote. I trap and deerare the biggest pain for unsetting traps at my dirtholes of bait, lure and unrine. Must be something in the coyote piss. Doesn't matter if I hadcaught a coyote in the set and it is a remake.

Thislast doe I shot... it was too early to call it quits for hunting that morning. Imade sure she was dead and drug her within twenty yards of my ambush spot where the deer were moving through. Figured she would make a good decoy plus coyotes are pretty thick where I was hunting. Always have an arrow for one of them. Within 10 minutes I had a buck (too small) spend quite some time smelling her before getting bored and walked by mewell under 10 yards.Too bad as he would have been very dead if hewould havebeen bigger with all the shot oppertunitieshe was giving me checking out the dead doe. At no time was he alarmed at all. Just curious.

Tim