HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Cartrige?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Maine Shooter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Cartrige?

ORIGINAL: starhunter21

In choosing a H&H, Whelen or Savage, your bullet selection is limited and in some cases may be real expensive.
Please explan how bullets for the these would be so expensive.[&:] The .300 H&H and .300 Savage are .308 cal, same as those for the .308, .30-06 and just about every other ".30"caliber cartidge. With the .35 Whelen, it's the same with many common .35 caliber cartridges so those too wouldn't cost any more for bullets.
Bullets is not cartridges which is what I'm thinking you were meaning but used the wrong term. just like caliber doesn't mean the same as cartridge yet ppl use caliber incorrectly a LOT also.
Part of wanting these less comon chamberings is the higher prices and harder to find ammo. It can be a factor in chosing a rifle but shouldn't be if it's what you really want. It can open up a whole newhobby too - reloading. I don't see myself spending $60/20 for .405 Win ammo so I'll buy an initial box, dies and reload it. Can get the same proberly better results with less cost.