HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Patriot Dually Let Down
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Patriot Dually Let Down

mshane......
When you got the 298fps at 61.5/300gr arrow what else did you have on the string?
That speed seems reasonable against the 312fps if you have ANYTHING else on the string like a peep,loop ,kisser etc. Also not all chronos are the same. So if you have anything additional other than what BowTech used to test shoot your bow I find 298fps very possible.

But Here' s where I have a problem with your calculations..........
Your KE level for your 300gr/28" set-up is 59ft lbs.......your KE level for your 360gr/29" set-up is coming out at 61ft lbs.
This is IMPOSSIBLE from the same bow.........basically what you are saying is that your KE level stayed exactly the same even though you increased your draw length a full inch? That small change of 2ft lbs of KE between set-ups is what I would expect by only the arrow change from 300grs to 360grs within the same 28" /60# set-up.

Does it seem right or possible in your mind that by adding an additional 1" of power stroke and 60grs arrow weight that you got no change in KE level?

I' m not guessing on this stuff........just by the raw numbers that you provided points to an obvious mistake somewhere on your or the shop guys part....or a mismarked 29" module.
If I WAS to guess? I' d say that there is nothing at all wrong with that bow.

This is not an attack man I like you on these boards, I just want to point out what you are overlooking in your haste to be dissapointed in a bow you' ve really been looking forward to.