HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you think (Barreled Actions)
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:10 PM
The Rifleman

Default RE: What do you think (Barreled Actions)

It's up to you, but, think about it like this.

Let's say that you pay all that money and then find out that there is something wrong with the action that you just bought and it does not have the accuracy that you would expect out of a $600 rifle.

Then what do you do?

Ifyou go out and BUY a new rifle the way you want it and it does not perform the way you expect, it will have a warranty and you can take it back.

There is nothing wrong with a factory rifle made today from a quality manufacturer. It is very hard to improve on something that isn't broke.

It is easy to buy an aftermarket stock that does not fit properly and then have nothing but problems with it.

I have hunted in all kinds of weather, even down below zero for days at a time and have had very few firearms problems and have never had a single problem with a factory stock. So wanting a plastic stock because the manufacturers convinced a select few people that it is a must have item - due to the fact that the stock can warp or change in adverse weather conditions is an old wives tale.

If the weather is that bad, you sure as heck are not going to sit out in it.

I once sat in a treestand with my brother for 10 hours, and it never got over 1* outside. The treestand was only 4 feet by 4 feet and we had a kerosun heater and two sleeping bags to keep us warm. Even when we did see a buck, we couldn't move fast enough to get a shot. You couldn't stand up without knocking the heater out of the treestand and there was no place to put your rifle. I'll never do it again!