HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do it yourself Deer Stand??
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do it yourself Deer Stand??

YEah I have to say it's just best to go buy one unless you have left over/surplus material around to build one out of.

I'm talking ladder stands.

I have build ALOT of ladders. They are all over the property. I have put them out on other properties and forgot about probobly 3 or 4 of them. All very well engineered, machined, fully welded and custom camo-painted.

But with the deals out there now I do say BUY ONE.

I wanted to smack one out on a piece of property I only bow hunt right close to here. I have a big wooden ladder and deck built out there but I needed to supplement quickly.

A quick stop at Bass Pro got me a 15' Remington "870" ladder stand for like $75. And here's a great kicker. Most all of your stands now come with a full body harness & attachment tether. A harness sets ya back $50 anyway and the included ratchet strap to hold it to the tree is another $10-$15.

So if ya want to math it you can say the stand was only $10-$15 to justify it! And I've seen sales ALOT cheaper at places likeRural King, Farm-n-Fleetand Big R.

If ya could find one at $50 like Kansas said, you could math it to be a free stand - ya just paid for the harness and straps!