HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new jersey crossbow season
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

ORIGINAL: TerryM

This paranoia about crossbows shows that you really don't understand them. They have been legal and considered "bows" in Ontario for years and none of the hype you describe is an issue here at all. They have the same effective range as a compound, still kill with a sharp broadhead and you need the same exact hunting skills to get within range as a compound bow user. Yes once sighted in they are obviously easier to hit with but how can that be a bad thing? Do you not want all kills to be as quick and humane as possible? Would you rather some guy walk into Walmart on Thursday night and buy a kit and then hunt Saturday with it and wound the first 10 animals he shoots at? How many of you have wounded and lost game because of your shooting? Relax, I don't expect anybody to fess up. I would rather a guy admit he can't shoot a bow well enough and use a crossbow than find wasted carcasses in the spring. I don't use one, its not my thing but I have no problem at all with those who need to or choose to. To isolate one group and deny them fair access to hunting seasons will only divide you and hurt you long term. How would you like it if the traditional archery guys got your season removed because its using high let off bows and fibre optic sights? Get along boys, get along.
i agree with everything you have said,its not crossbow that most that hunt archery dont like,its all new archery hunters that will be using crossbow that would not think of using compound/recurve.