HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new jersey crossbow season
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Planter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

Driving deer with an Xbow, Xbow hunters following him into the woods. He has also posted in the past that XBows are a tool of poachers. Let's see you hang one out your pickup window. I own just about anything capable of killinga deer andit sure would not be my first choice.. Geez.

I know in this state 10 yearsI used to have to make hotel reservations if I planned on hunting the Berkshires. I know sproul knows alot of stuff and has been hunting for years but is PA or any other states selling as many licenses as they used to. I don't know the statistics but I would sure notbet on that. I have to believe overall there are far less guys in the woods.

If you want to separate compounds from crossbows feel free but it would then ONLY be fair to separate compounds from traditional equipment.

I have shot three deer with the Xbow this year and I will say that one of them would have never let me drawa compound on her.All of those deer were in the magic 20 yard zone.

I am sorry if I was overly harsh with old sproulman but franklyI would rather the guy who went to buy a bow on a whim walked out the door with an Xbow rather than a trad or compound. Whats wrong with be able to hit the target. That guy probably won't be back in the woods next season anyway