HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heritage Arms Rough rider is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
arcticap
Typical Buck

Default RE: Heritage Arms Rough rider is awesome!

I've had a 6.5 inch barrel alloy frame Rough Rider for years and it shoots prettygood out to 50 yards with .22lrwhere I cansometimes hitclay pigeons or come close trying.
I like the sights and the hammer block safety switch a lot (it's kid friendly),which was the reason that I bought itbeside the low price.
Some of the issues are:
1. The cylinder locks up after loadingwhen I advance from half-cock.Ineed to slightly advance the cylinder by hand before fully cocking to prevent it from locking up...or else I have to remove the cylinder pin and cylinder to free it up. But usually only after loading.
2. The paint on the ejectorrod housing andthe frame is susceptible tosoftening if it comes into contact with cleaning solvent or oil. These canhurtthe finish.
3.The brasshammerscrewkept comingloose andI had to Lock Tite it. Another screw that secures thehandle frame to the main frame fell out and got lost somewhere.

Beside these issues, the gun shoots more accurately than many revolvers even though it has an alloy frame, and it should last for many moreyears. I haven't shot any .22 Mag out of it at allthough. If I did, I would probably shoot Winchester .22 Mag. Dynapointsout of it because they are less powerful.