HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Duck Boats??
Thread: Duck Boats??
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:13 AM
pahntr760
Fork Horn

Default RE: Duck Boats??

ORIGINAL: cgguy

What did you use for paint. My boat has some camo clad on it, to do the rest is going to cost a bit. I was looking at the kit from cabelas that comes with the stencils but is it worth 100$
A good tricki like to use is just go out back and get some local vegetation. Use scotch tape (the thiner stuff is better) and tape it to the side. Oops, make sure you have a base color already. Green,tan,black,brown. Then just go to town with some of the 'ultra-flat' spray paint, alternating colors, and let it dry. peel off the vegetation and reveled is a very nice looking camo. remember, it doesn't have to look like Mossy Oak to work, just enough color to blend in and enough contrast to break up the outline. Also, Waly-mart sells 4'X5' grass mats. Attach them to th side of the boat and you have a sort of blind boat. Just some suggestions.

plus, according to the website, the cabelas stencil is only $50, that seems worth it to me.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005697014740a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=camo+paint&N=4887&a mp;Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&am p;Ntt=camo+paint&noImage=0