HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - report back from Okaloosa.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default report back from Okaloosa.

Pros ..The country was better than I thought. I stayed at an Alabama motel and those folks sure do know howto fix cajon seafood..WOW!!!

Cons..although it;s archery only..I heard gun shots the entire time ..and dogs running loose. I did see 5 does but all out of range.So I struck out.

I saw this nice rattler about 100yds from my stand...It was wiggling ..but with out a head and rattles. Some man just happened to drive by and shoot at it 20 times...blew my first morning hunt.[:@]

Pros..northwestern Florida is nicer than I imagined..I'll be goingto Blackwater annually..probably during black powder..The area is gorgeous andI had to apply the breaks often to keep from hitting deer. All the folks I rubbed shoulders with were very friendly. Laurell Hills is my favorite spot..It's only about 20 miles from Crestview which has everything you would need. DuFuniak is very nice as well.

Most of you know I love nature and I thought this was a real live diamondback..He was still wiggling but headless. I heard many new birds but in archery..I was like a statue waiting for a close shot. It was cold enough to see steam coming from my mouth and only one mosquito was on my nose.