HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - make me feel better
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Retaks

Default RE: make me feel better

Yep it happens to everyone. I got some different slugs last year and shot a small buck at anout 15 yards with them. I git the deer. I know i hit the deer. I herd the thwack and saw the deer stumble when it got shot. I waited about 45 mins then decided to go look for blood since i didnt see or hearthe deer go down. I couldnt find any blood so i started walking in the direction the deer came looking really hard for any sigh of the deer. Well after about 50 yards of looking i hear some deer and look up and its the deer i just shot and about 6 does coming back at me. So i hide behind a tree and wait for them to pass so i cna get out of the woods and wait for him to go down. Well i go the next morning to look for him and go back to where i shot him at to start my search. Well i found my slug on the groundepanded to about the size of a $0.50 pieceright around where he was standing. I kept seeing that same deer all year there and saw him again this year 3 times already. I just cant shoot him again after that. There are a few more biger bucks i see in there on a regular basis anyways.