HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Final tune of the White for season
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Final tune of the White for season

Those are the 9" dinner plates with a 1" blaze orange dot in the center. That inside ring on the plate is 5-1/2 inches I believe. The other 3-1/2 inches is the upper curve of the plate. They make a perfect target actually. For some reason that dot never scans or photographs its true color. As for the lube BullShop uses, I think it is his #2. A real good lube.

The 100 yard group shot off the sticks measure 2.42 inches. The 70 yard group is hard to measure because I shot so many bullets into it. But if you measure the original five shot group in the bottom of the plate, it measures under an inch. Therereally is three different groups on that 70yard target. There is a group on the bottom of the tape and one on the top of the tape as well. The group on the bottom of the tape measures just over an inch but I really can not remember the order of the hits in the upper mess.

Something strange happened yesterday I still can not explain. I was shooting Pyrodex RS with sabots, and the Pyrodex was not producing fowling. In my Wolverine LK-II I fired I believe it was six sabots in a row before I swabbed. They the sabots were just sliding down that barrel as slick as could be.. I should have tested more of that today, but was having so much fun shooting big conicals.