HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Breaking bad habits...need help
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
mobow

Default RE: Breaking bad habits...need help

I suffer the same, except dropping the bow arm, which by the way, is another form of target panic. You're anticipating the shot, exactly what you need to get past. I'm going to post exactly what Rick James said for me to do, and it's working.

1. Write down your shot sequence. No exceptions......Write it and post it somewhere you will see it often. Mine goes; Feet square, hips square, shoulders square, head upright, bow arm up, bow shoulder down, anchor, set tension in back, aquire target, commit, aim finish.

2. 1 week straight-no exceptions- DON'T AIM AT ANYTHING.....blank bale only. For 20-30 shots focus on setting up each blank bale shot perfectly. Stand in front of the target, once you are sure you won't miss the target, close your eyes and focus on just executing the perfect shot.

3. 2nd week- start each session 10-15 blank bale shots. Then 10-15 perfect set ups followed by "soft" relaced aiming, focus on trusting your float and getting comfortable hanging out in the X ring. Once you build tension (probably 10-12 seconds at full draw) let down, recover and start over. If any one of those doesn't feel right, let down and start over.

4. Week 3-10 blank bale shots-10 aiming drills-15 arrows at a 5 spot from 10 yards.

5. Week 4- same as week 3.