HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - INDIANA hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 AM
bigbuckOO
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: INDIANA hunters

Been a crappy weekend so far. Started off on friday afternoon, me and the wife had to put our family dog to sleep. Totally unexpected, he was only 5 years old. Thought i would get out on Saturday and try to get my mind off that, woke up to howling winds and pouring rain saturday morning so i said forget it. Finally got out yesterday afternoon and had the neighboring landowner and his grandson decide they wanted to come stroll the property line and hunt squirrels around 6pm. So i got to listen to the sound of a 4-10 go off every 10 minutes and listen to them BS back and forth at the top of their lungs.

Got up and went out this morning. Absolutely perfect weather conditions. Seen 2 bucks, still together, try a little sparring around 9 am. Both were dinks and it was funny watching them try to fight. All the sudden, they take off, snorting, the whole bit. WTF? I turn around and it's the same 2 visitors from yesterday evening, 4-10 in hand, scaring deer everywhere. Decided i had enough of that crap for this weekend, got down and left, going to watch the Colts this afternoon and take it easy this evening. Hopefully next weekend is a little better, it should be.