HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Busted, what to do?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Exocet77
Fork Horn

Default Busted, what to do?

I was sitting on the inside corner of afield anda thicket against a tree/fencelinethis morning. Along the edge of the cpr theres a long rub line going through with some scrapes. Last year on different occasions there was a doe bedded and another time a buck was bedded down. At 9am I didnt see anything from either field and anything comming in or out of the cpr so I decided to grab my backpack and get ready to leave. As I was hunched over fiddling with the pack I looked up behind me and there was a nice 10pt in the middle of the glaring at me. I froze, but knew I was busted. After a few seconds he spun around with the tail up and leaped away. He was obviously headed into the middle of the cpr field, either to bed down or to scent check does.

Directaly acrossed the field from where I sat I have a ground blind setup on that inside corner, another 100-150yds down the fenceline i have a treestand setup intersecting 4 fencerows to interceptany deer travelling between these areas (obviously there travelling open field [&:]). Anyways, should I basically forget about this deer now and pretty much abandon this field/area? Or is there a chance he may be back, and just switch to one of my other locations on the same field?? Any idea's?