HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Redneck vs. Outdoorsmen
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
georgiahick

Default RE: Redneck vs. Outdoorsmen

ORIGINAL: Nathan67

Okay, let me try to make my point a little clearer. Your buddy says the two classes of hunters are rednecksvs. quality outdoorsmen. To me, this shows a little ignorance on his part. The classes he should bereferring to are ignorant hunters vs. quality outdoorsmen, whether people would consider someone a "redneck" or not is completely irrelevant to the issue of irresponsibility in the woods. Just what exactly is a "redneck" to you anyway? A drunk, dirty, pot bellied buffoon living in a trailer park burning trash in his front yard? Where I come from, just about every red blooded, God fearing, hard working,flag waving country boy with a pick up truck and a skoal ring blaring Bocephuswould be considered a "redneck" to you, I'm sure. However, down home country southrons are just as educated about and respectful ofour sportas any uppity billy yank. We don't look down our noses, but we are damn proud of our culture and hold our heads up high for sure. I think you need to realize that Larry the Cable Guy is a comedy routine, not a documentary of an entire culture. The a$$holes you're buddy is thinking of as rednecks are nothing but white trash with no self-respect, and they can be found anywhere in the country.

I agree, In my experiences its not the Good Ole Boys, thats screwin up all the hunting, its the fools that come from the city out into our domain and tramp all over the woods like a lost child....

And the last time I checked redneck is a termthat is so blown out of proportion its not even funny....thanks Jeff and Larry...

A redneck is what people called white farmers in the south because they were always in the field and bent over so that there necks got sunburned. So Yes Im a proud hard working Redneck....not poor white trashor anignorant trigger happy fool.