HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Good Morning
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 AM
mj469
Fork Horn

Default A Good Morning

Well I sat in my stand for the first time this year. I waited to get in to this stand for a while, because we are pretty sure there are 4 mature bucks in about 300 acres. So I went out this morning, 30 degrees, 10mph wind, just a good morning. By 8:15 saw a very nice buck but he was on the run. I'm kind of confused as to why. He was running somewhat toward me at a diagnal but not as he was spooked but as he just wanted to get to the trees to bed. Anyways I grunted at him and stopped him at 75 yards. Waited, grunted again and he wanted nothing to do with it. Looked like a nice 130" buck and by the way he reacted I would say prolly not one of the mature ones in the area. I also saw 10 does, including a few that were pretty much right under the stand. I would love to get some deer meat...but I fear that shooting a deer in this small of an area will mess up hunting for a while. Anyways, any suggestions on what you think about the 130"er, was he frightened by the grunt because he's had his butt wooped a few times or was he just wanting to get to bed???