HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
RDHunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Well team ... how's everybody doing ?
I'm having a rough time here and it's getting a little fustrating to say the least , it seems like every time I go out I'm not seeing any deer or turkeys for that matter.
I'll take that back ... I was out for an early morning hunt and just about 7:50 am I heard something behind me , when I turned around to look I saw what I thought was a good size doe.
Turns out this deer slowly walks to the right side of me just twenty yards from my stand and I saw it was a buck , now this buck stops in a little clearing and I saw it's rack.
His rack was nothing but the main beams , no tines on him at all but it has a nice shape to it anyway I couldn't get a shot at him because of angle.
As he walked away I tried grunting at him to come back with no luck then about an hour later I hear shot gun blast off in the distance.
Now I'm thinking ( POUCHER'S ) darn it no wonder I'm not seeing anything even when I go out for an evening hunt I hear BAM BAM BAMjust when it's starting to get dark.
It's raining out here today so I'm just sitting here typing my butt off on this site , I'll go back out tomorow for an all day hunt weather permiting.
Maybe I'll move my treestand to a diffrent spot where someone told me thereis some fresh rubs and scrapes and with any luck Ijust might see what kind of bucks are making them.
Sorry about the ranting and the boo hooing but I just had to vent a little , I'll keep in touch and Mike please let us knowif you found that deer you shot.