HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does it take to hunt out West?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 AM
bald9eagle
Typical Buck

Default RE: What does it take to hunt out West?

I didn't want to imply that we would have no problem with the terrain part, just wanted everyone to know that we weren't out of shape slobs who spent much more time on the computer or couch thanin the woods. I realize it would be an extremely exhausting hunt and would challange everything that we knew about our own bodies.

I really wouldn't care if we took anything or not. Being able to spend time just chasing 'em and getting to see some of the most beautiful land this country has to offer is enough for me.

Alright, let's get a little more specific.

What and where are some of the easiest tags to draw? From the sounds of it, antelope are pretty easy to come by. Is Colorado the best place to start? If so, what units?

What are the Muley opportunities like in South Dakota? The plan is to spend a couple weeks or so on a sight seeing/hunting/ vacation. I want to be flexible so that my wife and youngest daughter aren't left out. Are there any good working cattle/dude ranches that offer hunts? I know I can find a lot of that info online, but still want the comfort of knowing that I would be with a quality guide. If any of you guys know of such it would be great.

BTW, thanks for the great pics. It's stuff llike that that makes the fever all the worse.