HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Forty Yard Shot Frame by Frame
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Hotburn76

Default Forty Yard Shot Frame by Frame

Well I did some more shooting at the mother in-laws today and wanted to post a forty yard shot for you guys play by play so to speak. My editing software can do 60 frames per second, but I can only save it in 30 frames per second. Well at forty yards it takes a Vortex 15 frames at 30 frames per second to get from CB to target. Here is the 15 frames for any of you guys who may be interested. I can not post the video version of this because by the time I compress it for You Tube it does not look good enough to see. So here is the 15 frames saved in JPEG for you. Some look pretty distorted, but remember this is all in half of a second. You can see the arrow blur by in the first couple pics, and then see it real good in the last four or five. And all you math guys it is simple, takes my Vortex half a second for my arrow to get to target, thats a lot for a deer, gold metals are won in the 100ths. Then do the math and that gives my average arrow a speed of 240 FPS at forty yards, (r=d/t). I think that is some cool info to have. Enjoy the pics.