HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsinites having any luck?-
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 AM
wack
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsinites having any luck?-

having a great time trying to take a turkey with my bow. Been drawn twice with out getting busted but one just walked out of range and the other hung around at about 35 yards and just never gave me a clean look, too much cover. Last spring, my 5 day season lasted 20 minutes. I got a 22 pound Tom with a 10 inch beard and 2/4" spurs.
Deer season has been frustrating. I passed on a 4 pointer who ran off and got shot by my friend. I passed on a doe and fawn wich ran off and the doe got shot by my other friend. The next day the fawn bedded under my stand, I let it walk off toward the neighbors and they wacked it. I counted 18 white spots on that fawns left side, I doubt it weighed 50 lbs. and the nieghbors field dressed it just on our side of the fence.
That was opening weekend, haven't seen a deer since. What kills me is that's an hours drive to hunt and I can look out my back window and see deer like these below that I can NOT hunt. Private land with 2 ponds bordered by Federally protected wetland (cattail marsh) with a strip of woods that sepperate the marsh from corn fields....A deer haven. These two bucks, 10 pointer and 8, are heading back to the cattails to bed after raiding my garden, the chainlink fence doesn't even slow them down.