HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remmington 710
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Ideaman

Default RE: Remmington 710

Ammunition is like women and clothes. Some guns shoot many brands and weights of ammunition well, some shoot only very specific loads. I also like the Rem in PSP and Core Locked. We sight in guns as a service, and the Winchester Ballistic Silver Tip shoots well in most guns, I would try it. I sense you are a newer shooter, I would suggest starting with 150 gr also, recoil will be a little less of an issue.

I am in the minority of most people that shoot as much as I do, I do not reload. When I buy a new gun I will pickfour to five loads that seem to meet the criteria of the game I expect to hunt, and buy one box of each. I will then shoot a couple of three shot groups as a test out of each box. The load that gives the best results I will buy at least two boxes of and sight in. Because we sight rifles as a businessI will keep the left-overs of cartridges that did not make the cut in one particular rifle and let other people use. You might consider finding a friend with the same caliber rifle as yourself and splitting a few types of ammunition for testing.

Take you time, treat every shot like a science experiment, enjoy the experience of tuning your rifle.