HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poor Dallas Fort Worth
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
DBerrard

Default RE: Poor Dallas Fort Worth

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Dude, I get it three or four times a year... used to get it so bad that it'd make the pic above look like a walk in the park!! Seriously..

Go get a Kennalog shot as soon as you can if you haven't yet... I do the day I start getting it now, or at the very worst the day after... It'll knock it out SO much quicker than just letting it run it's course.

The other good thing is if you get one early in the season (and I always do because I'll always get in some hanging some stands) is that it acts in a preemptive fashion the rest of the year and minimizes the results of new contact with the stuff.
Same here man, now I make sure to wash any exposed skin with warm water & soap as soon as I get in from the brush. I almost want to think this is the case for the poor fella in the picture...he didn't wash the ivy oil off quick enough. =\
Good advice on the shot though. He should get into urgent-care and get one...that or the 21 steroid prescription they give ya. First dose is seven pills if I recall correctly...you feel the ivy dry up within hours which is a great relief.
Best of wishes to Dallas FW.