HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shooting with back tension
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: shooting with back tension

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

I don't shoot with back tension and I know it is the best way to shoot a bow at targets,I'm not trying to start a fight just curious.My question is this,for you guys who do shoot with back tension ,how do you take a shot at a deer when you need to make the shot now?,not when the release goes off.Do you just pull the trigger?and if you do,do you practice shooting this way,and if you don't why?It just seems that this style of shooting may not be the best style in hunting situations,just my thoughts am I wrong?
The ideal scenario is to learn a back tension release, and practice with it all year 'round. You'll learn how to shoot a bow and execute a shot properly and if you're patient with it, you'll reap the benefits in time. Accuracy and shot confidence will skyrocket with a couple years of consistent shooting.

What I do is shoot the back tension all year round, thena month or so before my hunting season, I get out my trigger release and start shooting with it. Shooting a trigger release is cake after learning a back tension. I've been doing it like that for 12 years or so, and it works perfectly. In the woods, I do what I have to do make the shot. If I have to punch the trigger, I punch it. If I have time for a good squeeze shot, I do that. No 2 situations are alike, but one thing is consistent -I'm confident I can makethe shot because of how I practice.