HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montecs vs. Strikers?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Montecs vs. Strikers?

my buddy shot his buck opening day with a montec. i watched him "sight them in" friday night before the hunt out of a poorly tuned bow(just paper tuned) they flew well. i was impressed.

saturday his shot was STEEP quartering away. and he was 15ft high and the buck was maybe 10yds... i woulda passed...he put it in high on the body about 3-4 ribs from the end of the rib cage. busted atleast 2 ribs goin in(angle) and blew straight out the brisket and burring into the dirt. it came out infront of the far shoulder...i couldnt believe that...where it came out the brisket is pretty good bone...and a couple ribs...and all the penetration it got going through the body as far as it did. iwas also impressed to see the head looked like it needed rinsed off and sharpened and would been ready for another. not even a dent. hes also shooting a 370-380gr arrow at about 260fps...so it wasnt super fast or super high KE. i think the cut on contact definently helped...i saw the mid body entrance and exit in the front and said no way that was a pass through...i couldnt believe it..