HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Accurizing" a new gun to shoot tighter??
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 PM
700xcr
Fork Horn

Default RE: "Accurizing" a new gun to shoot tighter??

I got the Remington 700xcr in 270wsm last winter too. I installed a Burris Euro-Diamand 2.5x10x44mm scope with Warn rings and bases.I had the trigger worked on by a fellow benchrest shooter. Trigger pull is 2 Ibs.My barrelis free floated. I done a barrel break-in proceeder on mine. I have a chemist friend that makes his own bore cleanerand barrel break-in conditioner lube. We cleaned the bore really good and coated bore with his break-in conditioner lube. Then after each shot ran the conditioner lubethrough the bore each shot for 10 shots. Then cleaned the bore with his bore cleaner and did another 10 shot string using bore conditioner lube between each shot. Was using Factory 150gr. Winchester Power Point ammo. Started with 3174fps. at begining of break-in and at end was getting 3200fps. Then groups tightened up to 1/2" groups at 100yds. This is one gun that I am really happy with. I will be using it for my deer and elk hunt this year.