HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rattling
Thread: rattling
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: rattling

thanx guys...

gary...im hunting my first bow kill buck. if hes got legal antlers on his head, i dont care if hes spotted

id LIKE a bigger one...but honestly, ive come to realization that i need to start getting bowkills under the belt to figure this whole thing out. and, to kill a big buck, you gotta hunt where the big bucks are. really, 2.5 is the oldest most our bucks get..with a few exceptions...but we havent seen many exceptions this year. 1 of the few we seen went down the first day. not saying thats ALL thats out there...but when you got a buddy that lives by farming, he usually sees most of the deer out there at some point throughout the year...

im looking for my first bowkill buck. next year, i will hunt something a little bigger.

i figure its highly unlikely i SPOOK anything by tapping some antlers together...and could possibly bring something in...so i dont see why NOT to do it...we will see....maybe i will find a early season tactic that works for me...or...works for me once

im just in major fear of not getting to hunt much this season. between the typical things like school, parents just bought a new house....that means moving. dont know when the closing date is yet...but im very fearful that i may not be hunting the rut...so im not going to be picky..and would like to make something happen if i can...

this 85 degree weather certainly aint helping....raining acorns last night and didnt see a deer...good cover surrounding me...that was like a slap in the face...i know its hunting...but man..when your getting pelted by acorns because so many are falling, youd think a deer just might come eat lol. no crops for miles....i was shocked i didnt see anything lol...