HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sight out of travel
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 AM
tremolo
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sight out of travel

I am a little confused on a lot of stuff that i have been reading about adjusting the rest. I thought that first you are supposed to paper tune until you are shooting bullet holes. I have been reading about this walk back shooting and when people have broadheads that don't group with the field points that you need to adjust the rest. What is the point of paper tuning to bullet holes if you are going to make changes to center shot with walk back tuning or trying to group broadheads with field points? It has been a few years since i have shot a bow and i never really understood the tuning process. I really don't have a good pro shop to go to around me that i can trust. The one place that seems like he would be helpful is a jerk... Last time i went shooting there i asked for him to paper tune for me and he said that i had to do it myself. Which i understand that i should do it myself but he wouldn't even tell me how to make the adjustments on my bow to fix what i was shooting. The next thing i knew i ended up breaking my rest (parts went flying). Thats when i switched to the drop zone because it looked like it was straight forward on making adjustments.