HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opening day... so far.. not so good
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 09:10 PM
nwtrykon87
Fork Horn

Default RE: Opening day... so far.. not so good

DEER DOWN... well this morning was ruff,, but this evening made up for it with my first ever bow kill.. the night started out to be honest a complete let down.. the land owner who had given myself and 1 other exclusive rights to hunt there, but when we arrived to hunt our stands..the other person had brought himself and 6 others to hunt a 60 acre hardwoods plot.. needless to say i was thrilled.. i got up in my stand at 4:10 and by 5:10 a yearling had come strolling in.. (no mother to be seen) i wasnt going to shoot her originally but the oppurtunity presented itself and for a first bow kill i was not going to pass it up.. she was almost completely quartering to me .. i knw not the best shot angle.. but at 12 steps and confidence in my shot i sent a 300 st axis streaming tipped with the new hellrazors right threw her like a knife through butter!!! she dropped in her place .. after a field dressed autopsy i discoverd i hit 1 lung and center punched her heart.. not to bad for a quartering to shot.. just thought id share my story