HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ripped off in Kansas
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 AM
flintquail

Default RE: bowhunter4life

Hey guys,
I am Galen Kleymann,
Jerry Bright posted this complaint on me. He is the only deposit I have kept in 9 years.
He does not tell the whole story. In Kansas if you don't draw, you can (at least this yr)
purchase a landowner transferable tag. Landowners get half the tags issued.
When Jerry did not draw, I told him to wait and I would see what I could get a tag for.
I ended up offering him one for the $300. refund he got from the state. NO ADDITIONAL FEES at all. The same cost as if he had drawn. He still wanted to cancell. His words were, We allready made other plans. Short for we don't want to spend the additional $1500. for the hunt. So I informed him that his deposit was forfeit.

Isn't that the reason for deposits, so guys will follow through with plans they have made with your business?? I would hope all you guys that jumped on the chance to put down an outfitter ect. will try to get the full story in the future. I did not rip this guy off. I have yet to fill the hunt he cancelled. If he wanted to come, he could have for the original fees, with a landowner tag. He made the decision!!! Cut me some slack!!! This is the only deposit I have kept ever. I do roll them over a year for guys all the time if they have personnal issues. I am not a bad outfitter!! I hear the stories about them all the time.I now wonder how many were actually true.
"Good Hunting"
Galen