HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake buying..
Old 09-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Alpha Capo
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake buying..

youll need an arrow spineanywhere between .500-.650...theshaft you choose depends on the weight of the head you want to shoot and the length that your arrows are cut to. i shoot a 29 inch easton Legacy 2016 with a 175 grain tip. and Easton superslams 2114 with 175 grain tips and they both fly pretty straitunfletched

i think the 2016 is a .560 spine and the superslam 2114 is .530 spine or so im not exactlysure but i now they are spined over .500so those figures are close.

I shoot a recuve at 48# at my 27-27.5 inch draw....my total arrow weight is in the mid 500 grain range

i cant tell you what the gold tips are spined at because i cant find the arrow your talking about...

i seen something calld the GoldTip Traditional they come in .300 .400 .500 spines.

the .500 spine is what you want to even get close. Tip weight alone only has a small effect on spine with my experience. what im saying is Getas close as you can with a 125 grain tip and a1-2inchlonger than you needarrowand then fine tune the spine with your tip weight and arrow length.

heres the arrow im talking about the red text is the arrow that will get you close.

[align=left]Graphite XT Traditional Wood Grain Carbon Arrows [/align]The new Traditional wood grain finish of Traditional XT shaft was designed for the traditional while delivering the durability of modern graphite shafts. Gold Tip XT arrows shafts are a designed for the archer who is looking for the best quality hunting shaft. The Traditional Camo pattern is molded into the shaft so you don't need to worry about it wearing off. The Traditional XT arrow is available in a straightness tolerances at +/-.003. Each dozen XT Traditional arrows are hand weighed to within +/- 2 grains and are finished and are finished using state-of-the-art ultrasonic finishing system giving them a smoother, cleaner finish. Traditional arrows come standard with new GT Series Nocks and Inserts.
Please Note! These shafts have a larger Diameter, are heavier and have a different spine than the black or camo shafts.

Straightness............+/-0.003 inches Length
Inside Diameter.......Shaft.......0.246 inches
Outside Diameter....Shaft 3555....0.299 inches.....Spine....500....Shaft Weight......8.6 Gr/inch....Length....30"

Outside Diameter....Shaft 5575....0.302 inches.....Spine....400....Shaft Weight......9.3 Gr/inch....Length....32"
Outside Diameter....Shaft 7595....0.314 inches.....Spine....300....Shaft Weight......11.0 Gr/inch....Length....32"