HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - walmart ladder stand set up question
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:48 PM
ranger56528
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: walmart ladder stand set up question

Its funny you brought this up,I bought one last yr and put up......Yes its a bear to put up,did mine by myself,put it together by the tree and walked it up,no fun at all.Anyway I only sat in it acouple times last year due to the fact I was useing my two other single seat ones....Anyway Ive been useing it this year and I had to modifie it...
1st.....its obvious you cant have the front bar down to bow hunt(rifle/CB yes)......
2nd....dont plan on shooting to the left or right,the bow hits the sides and the movement you have to make to adjust is too noticeable....
Here is what I did yesterday......I climbed up and took out the four bolts out and took the whole side frame off....grab my bow and sat/stood and could turn both ways.Now I have a awsome stand with lots of room.
If you dont know what Iam saying just sit in it and try to shoot to your left and right or stand and try...
If your rifle/CB hunting it would be great but has it's limitations with the bow unless you do what I did..
at the price they are selling them for I might buy 2 more and due the samething to them...makes a awsome roomie stand....