HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for the Pee Experts-
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 05:44 PM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Default Question for the Pee Experts-

Okay, maybe I'm just bored, crazy, or both. I find myself questioning whether I should continue to tote empty gatorade bottles in the woods with me in case I get the urge. Well, it seems that most folks believe just letting it fly from the stand is just fine, deer can't tell the difference between human pee and deer pee. In fact, most say that they can't tell the difference between any kind of animal's pee. I don't know if this is true, but I think I'm going to leave the bottles home next time out.

I do have some questions though... If a deer can't tell the difference between my pee and a deer's pee, and I can even start my own scrape, then why do we bother buying bottled buck urine? Or red fox pee, racoon pee, or any pee for that matter? If I visit a tree should I step in it for cover scent and save a few bucks on that trophy buck lure or cover scent?

Can a buck tell male pee from female pee? Is estrous pee loaded with something more than just any old pee to drive the bucks crazy during the rut (or scare them off pre-rut? Like maybe Doe PMS?). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Serious and non-serious replys are all welcome.