HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - found something odd in the woods scouting today
Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
geterdun2

Default RE: found something odd in the woods scouting today

yea guys buy my question is how to get a CCW. i mean, they do a background check and all to actually buy the handgun, which you can legally carry to the range or to one place to another, but it doesnt give you legal right to carry it around on your person. im pretty sure, atleast in MD, you need to have a specific reason for it. i asked the gun shop owner where i bought my gun and he said one of 3 situations will give you legal right to carry a handgun with you
1. carrying large sums of money (like leaving your work and going to deposit thousands in a bank late at night)
2. owning a store or gun shop
3. getting threated for your life more than 3 times.
i think this is pretty dumb, IMO. i mean i know everyone cant walk around with guns lol, but if im in a state forest hunting, by myself with a bow, i would feel much better with my sidearm to protect me from crazy mental person, a bear, or whatever. but i dont want to carry it if its illegal, ya know, i dont need to get a charge over something like that, even though i would rather have it on me than not. i guess i will just continue to carry a big ol sharp knive and hope nothing happens. but i truly think its illegal to carry your licensed pistol with you on public land. if im wrong let me know