Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 found something odd in the woods scouting today >

found something odd in the woods scouting today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

found something odd in the woods scouting today

Old 09-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default found something odd in the woods scouting today

I went scouting to day on public and I was about a 1/2mile deep in the woods when I came up on Newtent. Which at this park you are not allowed to camp so I figure it is some place where some kids was having a party or something? I walked up on it causely and it was about half unziped. And inside of it was a large blue tarp zip lock bags a newer back pack some high end full arm rubber gloves zip ties and car door dint puller a few screwing needle like you use for a iv a skillet and a few other things I did not take the time to look at.

So Ithen thought meth.Someone had taken the tent and stuff out in the woods to cook meth. So after being there for about a min I Head out back for my truck fast but slow enough i could stay quite i get to my truck and head for the game office at the front of the park. So I figure I need to report this as I would feel bad if I or someone was hunting that area and the dope heads came back and some one got hurt. After talking to the C.O they said they would go out and check it out and told me to say outof there are.

So I hope from this wasted day of scoutingat lease a doper or two will get locked up. What real get at me is that was a great spot to I walked right by a bedding area that washuge. It had two dried up creek bed on it one on each side and a big creek and a 30 yard wide clearing. Dam criminals.
But I found out at the co office that there is a big soy bean field I can hunt that I seen deer at when I left.

Well i would bet the criminals will blame it on the deer or us hunters
Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: found something odd in the woods scouting today

You did the right thing and thank goodness no one was home.[&:]
Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya i thougt i was going to have to change my pants when i looked inside

i seen a post that a guy asked why would you wont to carry a handgun while hunting thats my answer
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Good job. Hopefully they will catch the drug dealers. You can never be to careful these days. I bought a 9mm this year and started carrying it with me when scouting and hunting. It has given me a good peace of mind having it.

Be safe
Reid
Old 09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have ran into the exact same thing here at home. Found a tenet where some dope heads were cooking meth. Two friends and I were bow fishing down a big creek. We went up to the Sheriffs office and took four officers back out there. They shut them down!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

drugs in the park system is a big problem for alot of parks. dope growers, cookers etc...i never knew that till i started going to school (park LE is my major..)

id hate to come across that and find someone home...could be bad news...tips like yours are invaluble. in a national park it would most likely be followed up and staked out. kinda wierd, but thats one of the things id like to get into. catching them slim balls...

never know what youll find out there...always gotta keep your eyes open. sounds wierd but i cant wait till march when i can get my CCW permit. i spend ALOT of time in the deep woods. little dirt roads not many know exsist..scouting, hunting, fishing...im out there alot. who knows when i may come across something like that and im standing there faced with guns and i have nothing..or a bow..or a fly rod id just feel safer with a sidearm...or when im getting into my truck after dark and someone is waiting there to mug or hijack me.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 AM

That crap worries me, good thing nobody was home. I got one question for you though, why did you stay long enough to know all that was in side the tent? lol
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 AM

Lucky for you, it wasn't booby trapped. They normally are. I will say, though......The items you mentioned aren't anything that is used in the production of meth.....The only real weird thing are the needles....

But, you did absolutely right. Meth or no meth, they aren't supposed to be camping there in the first place. Err on the side of caution, I say.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i am ot sure that it was meth but there was nothing realy there you would need besides a tarp and skillet that you would pack in a 1/2 mile o sleeping bags no pillow no nothing you need for camping and the odd thing was no fire pit no trash no beer cans or anyting like that not even a cigerret pack
Old 09-12-2007, 11:40 AM

I still don't understand why there was a dent-puller in there?[&:]

Quick Reply: found something odd in the woods scouting today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.