HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drill -n- Grill roll call
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Bulzeye
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drill -n- Grill roll call

I had a great time, even if I did sleep in my car with some rouge mosquitoes buzzing my ears.
I had not met many of the UBI guys before this weekend, other than the IB members that belong to both groups. It turns out that we have a lot in common with a love of archery, hunting, fishing, and eating. Heck, a bunch of them even have their own bowfishing gear already.

It was a pleasure to meet and shoot with Scott Kelly. He got to take home the deer skull with an 8 point rack we found on the shore while fishing. Enjoy. We live close enough to each other that I believe I may have found a new shooting buddy close to home. We each know some spots that the other hasn't been to yet.

Shane (mshane) is a great story teller, and also gave me some pointers on the easy way to skin and gut my squirrels since they were my first ones. He actually got his hands dirty and did the first one himself as an example. Then I gave the bunch a good laugh by trying the second one myself with my own dull knife. The sharp ones work a wee bit better. I think I got about 8 instant offers to borrow knives.
Shane, thanks for the help, and for lending me those slick small game shears. I gotta get me some of those. They make quick work of those tree rats.

Got to know Tim Nuss a little better this time since we didn't have too much time to talk at the Deer Classic show back in Feb while helping at the kid's archery range. Great to spend time with you Tim. Congrats on the new bow.

I finally got to meet Ken Sharp too (deerpredator, belt buckle, hamburgler, etc). Good guy and lots of fun to talk with. Ken, I hope youcan get those cracked limbs replaced and tuned up before the deer season starts in a few weeks.

I also gotto meet David Hughes just before they hit the water. Good luck in Texas. When you get the bowfishing scoped out down there, we'll make a road trip for some big-uns. I love Texas -born there actually. Take care, and stay in touch.

I hope to see you all again soon.