HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drill -n- Grill roll call
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
carpsniper
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drill -n- Grill roll call

I posted this on Silo and don't have enough time to re type it so...

"Wow. What a fun time! Hunting, fishing, B.S.ing and eating, most of my favorites. I didn't get a chance to chase any squirrels, but Bulzeye did and came back with two. I didn't hear of any others bringing a squirrel back.
Dave "Bowfisher" Randolph set-up for the fish fry but had to leave early for work. Joanne took over and did a great job fixing fish and other goodies for us and the UBI'ers (Many of us are members of both groups)
Tim Nuss had more food. No one went away hungry.
We had the drawing for our annual raffle. Dave Thompson won the DVD's, Judd Piotrowski won the grab bag, Justin Sherman won the generator and Tim Nuss won the AMS FishHawk bow. Congratulations to the winners and a huge thank you to all those who helped support us by buying tickets or donating prizes.
As the light faded, we got ready to do some night fishing. We got a visit from the local CPO who wished us luck and gave us some pointers. I'm sorry I didn't get his name, but I'm sure we'll meet again.
Three boats set out with shooters looking for a big fish. David Hughes and Debra Knoff went with us. Snuffy took Scott Kelly and Chris Engstrom on his boat. And Ken Sharp took Shane Engelkes during the day and then again that night.
In the morning we counted 65 fish. Some of us were suffering from peripheral archery disease, or that count should have been a bunch more.
Now for the most important part. I witnessed a selfless act of generosity this weekend. As I said, Dave brought food for everyone, but that's not all. He also worked hard to get a new troller wired in to his boat ...so others could use it. He had hoped to fish when he got off work but was a bit too tired. Thanks to Dave and Joanne for making it a bunch of fun for all of us, and thanks to Tim Nuss for letting us piggyback on his event."